Wednesday, February 10, 2016

In Which I Take Pics Of Much Better Pics.

All I know about photography is that every white girl within a 40-mile radius of me has their own business doing it.

Doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate it. The other day, I checked out a photo exhibit by Catherine Opie at MOCA in West Hollywood called 700 Nimes Road.

In 2010, Catherine spent six months photographing Liz Taylor’s home in Bel Air. (900 Nimes was Liz’s address.) Catherine never actually met Liz, because in the middle of the project, Liz passed away. The end results were a pretty fascinating look into the domestic life of an old-school Hollywood legend.

I like the juxtaposition of framed photos of Liz with Michael Jackson and Roddy McDowell, alongside the guide for her cable remote.

Three Oscars, four Golden Globes and two BAFTAs. Kinda makes you forget she was in The Flintstones.

Bit of an old-school Hollywood diva move, having her hair stylist make house calls.

The home transformed quickly after Liz died, as her jewelry was prepared for auction.

After seven husbands, you practically need an Excel sheet to keep track of the engagement rings.