Monday, December 22, 2014
(The story behind that here.) To think he spent last Christmas homeless, and this one sleeping on a memory foam mattress. He’s King Shit. I really love him… Saw The Theory of Everything, which is about Stephen Hawking when he was first diagnosed with his disease, and it’s one of the best films of the year. Heavy and tragic… Ran into a high school classmate at CVS and realized: a fun trick for remembering peoples’ names is to never interact with anyone.
Sunday, December 21, 2014
Saturday, December 20, 2014
Friday, December 19, 2014
Thursday, December 18, 2014
Yep, I’m going to visit my mom, and have 12 days of nonstop eating, not thinking about acting, and never pleasant weather.
I’m taking the blog with me, so log on for the play by play. It’s always interesting in the most overrated city in the world. See you there.
Wednesday, December 17, 2014
That was the only stone left unturned in a great new documentary that premieres next month called Red Army. My friend John Kapelos invited me to a special screening followed by a Q&A, and it was fascinating.
The film focuses on the other side of the Miracle on Ice: the Russian team, in particular defenseman Slava Fetisov. And it does what any great documentary sets out to achieve: change minds. To me, the Russians were always the evil dudes with the unfair advantage; but now I have empathy for them. They grew up in 400 square foot apartments crammed with two other families, and then, when they grew up and made the Olympic team, they were forced to live in barracks for 11 months while an animal of a head coach made them practice every day until they pissed blood. Some crazy shit.
It’s in theaters January 23rd. You don’t need to be a sports fan to love it. But trust me, you’ll love it.
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
• One of my friend’s office fantasies involves a coworker walking by his desk while he’s actually working.
• What did Miley Cyrus eat for Thanksgiving? Twerky. Just kidding... drugs. She ate drugs.
• May I never, ever send a screenshot of a conversation to the person whose conversation I just took a screenshot of, amen.
• I’m tired of things costing money.
• Women prefer guys who are polite, but also in charge. Which is why, after I open the car door, I always push their heads down “perp style.”