Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Our Weekend Shoot: An iPhone™ Photo Gallery.

We shot outside a home in Burbank, where the next-door neighbors decided to throw the white-trashiest garage sale in the morning. An old guy wandered over to our camera package, put his hands on his hips and said, “How much?”

A “ballbuster” is film-set slang for a 35-lb. sandbag. At one point, the key grip asked for a couple of ballbusters, and without missing a beat, one of the crew pointed at the two broads running the garage sale and said, “They’re right over there.”

My SUV was used as the hero car. It can fit seven passengers comfortably, or five smelly teamsters rather uncomfortably.

Click on this pic for my panoramic point-of-view, right before I acted in a scene. While the sunlight cooperated all day, the neighborhood noise did not, so Bru offered a landscaper full access to our craft service table if he would just stop running his damn leaf blower. He did.

One of my favorite casts ever. Playing my dad, Jeff Harlan (I blogged about my man crush on him recently); my girlfriend, played by Katie Von Till (who is right now the fourth-ever voice of Snow White); me (slovenly, because I’d just removed the lav mic that ran into my pants and forgot to tuck my shirt in); and my mom, played by Loanne Bishop (soap opera star who just appeared in an episode of “Mad Men.”)