Saturday, January 26, 2013

Leader.

If I drive without my seat belt, my SUV beeps at me for five seconds then it gives up on me. I need an SUV that fights harder to save me.

Or, even better, I need my own personal Cory Booker.

Since I last blogged about him, after the amazing job he did as Mayor of Newark following the blizzard (and he thanked me for it!), Cory saved a woman from a house fire (he suffered smoke inhalation and second degree burns in the process), attempted to live on a food budget of $30 per week to shed light on American’s living on food stamps and now via Twitter, has rescued a dog from freezing to death in the single digit temps.

Is there anything he can’t do? Actually, yes: after he received a tweet last year that asked, “Can u sort the pothole outside?” Cory’s replied, “Sir, it looks like you live in Dublin, Ireland. I’ve got 99 problems and your ditch ain’t one.”