Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day 6: My Favorite Place On Earth: An iPhone™ Photo Gallery.

My second photo gallery sequel in three days? You bet. But this is the Stadium. It cost $1.3 billion to build, and I’m gonna blog my money’s worth. I did a Blackberry gallery three years ago, and here’s one with I shot with the iTelephone:

I was supposed to talk business with some folks in LA yesterday morning, but it kept getting pushed back until I finally joined them from arguably the coolest spot a conference call has ever taken place.

Billy Martin was a belligerent drunk who was fired as Yankee manager five times – once for getting into a brawl with a marshmallow salesman at a bar in Minnesota. But that didn’t stop some woman next to me from spreading her husband’s ashes on Billy’s plaque in Monument Park.

I liked that the Hard Rock Café at the Stadium featured photos of rock and hip-hop stars sporting Yankee caps onstage.

I also liked that the beefy police chick guarding the entrance to the Hard Rock was sporting a shiner.

My buddy Ted and I had been great friends from the first day of kindergarten until last night, when Ted, a big-time banker with a lot of pull, went down to the field before the game and met my favorite Yankee ever – Paul O’Neill – and I didn’t.