Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Steeped In Crazy.

I hate to do a blind item here, but this is about a fellow actor, and I must protect the unstable.

My friend Kevin is now in possession of this teapot, which belongs to a formerly huge, now more of a has-been actor. Kevin’s friend is the actor’s personal assistant, and the actor is about as playful as a firing squad.

Last week, the guy needed to go to San Diego, and debated out loud to Kevin’s friend whether he should hire a town car or drive himself. He finally decided to drive himself, but the next day, when there was no town car, he went ape-shit, screaming at Kevin’s friend. And then he suddenly turned, pointed at the teapot and told him to get it the hell out of his house.

He found the pot evil, but Kevin now finds it a delightful receptacle for his keys, wallet and cell phone. I rubbed it for good luck, and the next thing I knew I found my favorite missing t-shirt and the Jets blocked a punt.

In the actors’ defense, it's a really blow to have gone from Academy Award-level to afterthought, and I know no matter how big I make it it could end badly some day. I just hope it isn’t with me hiding in the trunk of a rental car.