Sunday, May 22, 2011

My Day, In Footwear.

5:30 a.m.: I hit the gym. There is but one objective when you work out this early: don’t drop the weights on your throat.


9 a.m.: I arrive at my writing assignment. I’ve since been given a new one – different location, but the same small talk while people microwave their lunches. Apparently, Lean Cuisine has three delicious new ways to snack.

11 a.m.: I leave for an audition. It was for the Mr. Coffee commercial, and I wound up booking the role. Speaking of lunch, I challenge anyone to top my skill at eating a sandwich while steering with my knees.

1 p.m.: Second audition, this time for a commercial for Las Vegas. You practically need the hammer of Thor to remain focused in a room full of bikini chicks, but I did, and I got a callback.

2 p.m.: back to work. With the 120 miles I drove that day, I could’ve been in Philly back east.

7:30 p.m.: casting workshop. After I performed my scene, the casting director told me he was a “big fan,” and I asked him if he could put it in writing so I could hang it on my fridge. Maybe because I knew the next day, after four hours of sleep, I was going to do this all over again. I’m a hitter.