Monday, May 23, 2011

My Belated Birthday Gift.

I’ve come to find that if you don’t involve yourself in government as an individual, corporate America is happy to make the rules for you.

And I came to this conclusion after watching the documentary Street Fight, about my favorite politician of all time: Cory Booker.

Cory will become your favorite as well, and part of your gift to me. You see, it’s tradition that on my birthday, I ask that you watch 25 movies that I think are great but have been somewhat overlooked. That way good films will get more of the attention they deserve, and beget more good films. And I'll get cast in them and write happy blog entries about them and the circle of life will continue:
  1. The Bridge
  2. Bringing Out the Dead
  3. City of God
  4. Devil in a Blue Dress
  5. Exit Through The Gift Shop
  6. Heavy
  7. The King of Kong
  8. The Last Days of Disco
  9. The Lookout
  10. Machete
  11. The Myth of Fingerprints
  12. North Country
  13. The Other Guys
  14. Paper Clips
  15. Pushing Tin
  16. Rabbit Hole
  17. Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired
  18. Slasher
  19. Smoke
  20. Solitary Man
  21. Street Fight
  22. Sunshine Cleaning
  23. The Town
  24. The Visitor
  25. Zero Effect