Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Come On.

I'm going to miss the executives at ABC after they die after I murder them.

Okay, maybe I won't go that far, seeing as I’d like to work for their lovely network, but they made my serious injury list when they canceled “Mr. Sunshine.”

Apparently, a medium that thrives on glorified karaoke contests has no room for intelligent, scripted shows, and that sucks whale. This is the second Matthew Perry show that I really liked (“Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip” was my favorite show of all time) that was killed way too early. I blogged about “Mr. Sunshine” long before it aired, hoping it would be good, and it turned out it really was.

I guess you have to think of a show that’s too smart for TV like you would a trip to Hawaii: have all the naked fun while it lasts, because eventually you gotta go back to the shitty mainland.