Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Truckfull Of Goodness.

After having spent last week in the most horrible place on earth – no, not Ikea on a Saturday – battling a bacterial infection, I finally feel about 98%.

Normally a chain eater, I had no appetite for several days, and lost about five lbs. Not the good kind of 5-lbs., either – more like the Auschwitz kind. Which made it all that much nicer as I exited CBS Radford Studios yesterday and encountered perfection: Cool Haus, a food truck featuring gourmet ice cream sandwiches.

I choose my ice cream, then my cookie, from a great menu that includes a vegan chocolate chip cookie (though I believe eating it with ice cream cancels out its vegan-ness.) Even the wrapper it’s served in is made from edible cellulose.

This is a snack so rich, it should not be eaten, but snorted through a rolled-up C-note. Track down the truck in LA and enjoy.