Friday, June 11, 2010

Speaking Of Art.

The beach used to be a many splendored thing. That was before BP and that Van Der Sloot jerkoff hit the coasts like Wile E. Coyote on an Acme missile.

Luckily, L.A. is letting us to take that badness and rinse and spit. Walking Petey along the strand yesterday, I caught my first glimpse of Summer of Color, a gigantic art project designed to transform 30 miles of lifeguard towers into works of art for the next four months.

Panels have been affixed to the towers to turn them into Partridge-Family-bus-style funky works of art, and the best part is, the artists who created all of it are physically-challenged children and adults. Even the visually-impaired got involved, using specially-textured paints. I think it’s astounding. I wish it were permanent.

L.A. is by far my favorite city on the planet. There’s no convincing me otherwise.

Weekend’s here. Movie tonight with the boys. I want A-Team. They want Karate Kid. But the real chance of disaster occurs tomorrow night, when I babysit my niece and nephew. I ask that you all think happy thoughts and help me avoid having to change a diaper. Bless you.