Monday, May 3, 2010

What I Learned From My Niece’s Birthday Party.

Wanna see 50 kids have a collective conniption? My brother owns the bouncy house behind us… Give children pizza, cake, cupcakes, eight kinds of chips, endless candy and a real-life Ariel, and they’ll still find a way to cry. I admire that kind of commitment… I love sipping from a juice box, even if it smacks of pedophile… My nephew calls me Petey… Here’s a big difference between men and women: it was also my friend Jeff’s birthday, and he couldn’t have cared less about it. As much as his wife kept re-suggesting they go out to dinner to celebrate, he chose to spend his night playing in our team’s ballgame. Meanwhile, my niece was already planning her 2011 birthday. (It’ll be a western theme)… This may just be the uncle in me, but the main thing I'll take away from the movie District 9 is damn, that little alien boy was well behaved.