Friday, May 14, 2010

My Birthday Registry.

It’s my birthday today, and what has another year taught me? Well, for one thing, the older you get, the more your stories sound like Snapple Facts.

It’s now a three-year tradition that I ask not for a card or gifts or cash. What I really want on my special day is for people to support great films, so that studios will continue to produce them and make more roles available for me. So get to your video store this weekend, and pick one of these 25 titles up like it’s a Perkins waitress and you’re Tiger Woods:
  1. Adam
  2. Adventureland
  3. Art School Confidential
  4. The Bank Job
  5. The Beautiful Country
  6. Boy A
  7. Bully
  8. The Damned United
  9. An Education
  10. Extract
  11. Funny People
  12. Green Street Hooligans
  13. Hamlet 2
  14. The Hammer
  15. Hollywoodland
  16. Infamous
  17. Lord of War
  18. The Merry Gentleman
  19. The Messenger
  20. My Architect: A Son’s Journey
  21. The Namesake
  22. Overnight
  23. Rescue Dawn
  24. RocknRolla
  25. The Sea Inside