Saturday, March 6, 2010

An Open Letter To An Oscar Winner.

Dear Mo’Nique–

With all due respect, the only thing I hate more than single-named celebrities is excessive celebration. So imagine how I feel about a single-named celebrity who excessively celebrates.

How about you take it down a notch tomorrow, and act like you deserve to be recognized for your work, instead of acting like you recovered an onside kick? Have an appreciation for your film, which was beautiful and tragic and had important, horrifying themes, like incest, rape and abuse.

Simply take a page out of George Clooney’s book. You’ll never top his Oscar speech, but you’ll look damn good trying. I mean, I’m not a pharmacist, but I have a feeling that the morning of the Golden Globes, you knocked the wrong bottle out of your prescription piñata.

You're better than that.

Yours truly,
Matt Shevin (AKA Ma’Shev)