Monday, March 8, 2010

Festivus, Part XLIV.

After attending college nine miles from Washington, DC, the area holds a special place in my heart. Speaking of collegiate memories, has the sound of vomiting ever made anyone nostalgic? Petey booted recently, and I swear to God, I was nostalgic. It was like flipping channels and seeing Patrick Ewing on ESPN Classic, but better. And smellier.

The 44th fest to accept my film, The Beneficiary, is the Washington DC Independent Film Festival. The Washington Post called the DCIFF “the Sundance of the east coast,” which begs the question: is it legal for me to say my film got into Sundance? It’s not lying so much as an incomplete sentence. And I trust all 1108 of my Facebook friends to keep it on the QT.

Thanks, DC Independent Film Fest. One of my top 44 favorite fests of all time.