Monday, March 15, 2010

Festivus, Part XLV – The Final Chapter.

If you’re looking to become more than just one of a hundred actors who shows up for every audition, I highly recommend writing a film. Festivals do for us aspiring types what a few HGH cycles do for aging baseball sluggers: suddenly you're putting up Bondsian numbers and racking up the hardware.

But my ride has come to an end, with the 45th, and final, fest to accept my movie: the Buffalo Niagara Film Festival.

With number 45, I achieved my goal – at least temporarily – of outgaining my Roman numeral counterpart. So suck it, Super Bowl, and your mere XLIV. How fitting that I scored the go-ahead digit in Buffalo, a city that knows a thing or four about losing Super Bowls?

Okay, I went a bit Ma’Shev with my acceptance speech, so time for a humble backpedal. Thank you Buffalo/Niagara. You’ve been swell.