Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving – Round Two.

Ah, the power of the written word. It’ll take you places so fancy you’ll find yourself showering and putting on long pants – two acts I normal associate with kicking and screaming.

I met my friend Duncan after he googled his volleyball team and found a post I had written. Turns out Duncan is as outgoing as he is tall (6’4”ish) and invited me to his parent’s annual day-after-Thanksgiving party: The Gobbler.

Their home is in the fanciest part of Santa Monica, and they open it up to over a hundred friends, including a celebrity or two, and keep the food and drinks coming.

In front of the place was a catering truck making not just made-to-order Mexican food, but Mexican food made-to-order by Koreans. I felt like I was a Kennedy.

If this blog is my ticket into the happening soirees about town, pardon me while I get cracking on that entry about Hugh Hefner and his kickass shuffleboard team.

Thanks, D.