Friday, July 31, 2009

The Best Weekend In The Best City On Earth.

As much as I’m a chain eater nowadays, there was a time when I barely snacked. I remember my pediatrician telling me if I wanted to grow up to be tall, I’d better increase my calories. I didn’t, and wound up 5’10”.

It’s the biggest regret of my life. And I once made love to Kathy Hilton.

If I’d listened to the man, I’d be more than just a spectator at the 6-man volleyball tournament this weekend. Don’t get me wrong – I’ll still thoroughly enjoy.

I got an email yesterday from a cool dude named Duncan, who plays for my favorite team, Team Fletch. He came across my entry from last year about the tourney, and sent a nice shout-out. Duncan, by the way, hit not only the genetic but the vocational lottery; he works for ILM, George Lucas's visual effects firm. He just got back from Prague, and will be working on Iron Man 2. Bastard.

This is also the weekend in which Petey gets to make up for all the times he vomits on my bed, by being the ultimate volleyball chick magnet.

We’ll be courtside. Stop by and say hi.