Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Recording Amy.

Nobody likes a name-dropper. I believe Denzel told me that. Or was it Alec? I’d better check with Meryl.


So in the ultimate act of self-loathing, I’ll shamelessly recap my meeting with Amy Poehler the other day.


My friend/kickass event coordinator Risa, who’s working on the upcoming Winter Olympics in Vancouver, is recording greetings from celebrities that’ll be broadcast at various events. While she was out of town, Risa needed me to get Amy’s, so I went to the set of “Parks and Recreation” and took care of it. I also hung out with Amy’s husband Will Arnett, who was guest starring on the show.


I gave myself a tour of the set, which is loaded with really funny details, including framed photos of the former mayors of the fictional town of Pawnee, IN, each labeled with engraved nameplates. The names are too small to read on TV, so the crew had some fun with them. One of the best: a mayor that seemed to be a mishmash of Mexican and Russian. His name: Jose Chekhov.


My dream job is to star in a sitcom someday. Especially if it features top-notch writing and subtle prop racism. Huge fan.