Thursday, November 19, 2009

Once Again, I Take Requests.

It’s tricky, this blogging stuff. Many late nights, when the well is dry and I wonder what in the hell I have to say, I flip open my laptop and – quietly, in the privacy of my kitchen – say the Shepard's Prayer. That's Alan Shepard, the astronaut: "Please, Lord, don't let me screw up." Actually, I'm paraphrasing.

However, even more difficult is when I get an assignment. My friend Gigi messaged me this yesterday: “Look at the video link I posted. My home country in the news today. This really deserves one of your witty blog entries.”

Check out the video link here.

Okay, a few thoughts:
  • I have a bad habit of making sweeping generalizations about places (I assume everyone in Oakland is missing a thumb, like the guy who high-fived me once at a Raider game) but do all Portuguese dudes wear black jockey shorts? When he finishes doing his two-year stretch, that guy oughta shoplift himself some boxer briefs for F’s sake.
  • The house is riddled with graffiti and bars over the windows. Why choose to bust into a home in the barrio? Half-naked and stupid is no way to go through life, son.
  • Nice insult to injury with the chick cop getting up close and personal. Unless – this was his elaborate way of asking her on a date.
  • Lastly, I dig that Portuguese cops wear hats harken back to the ’79 Pirates.