Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Los Angeles Zoo – A Blackberry® Photo Gallery.

--> My mom was in town last weekend, and my brother, who has an in at the L.A. Zoo, got us a backstage tour. I was in monkey-loving nirvana:



Two feet from an orangutan. It felt like being trapped in a bad Clint Eastwood flick.


-->
Because she was born with an umbilical cord wrapped around her neck, this older female orangutan, here snuggling with her niece, is mentally challenged. Now I don’t mean for you creationists to get whatever religious undergarments you wear in a twist, but I guarantee you we evolved from apes.


-->
Petting a giraffe’s neck. Or as I like to call it: “Sunday.”
Glass is half-full: if this guy had bitten off my niece’s head, I would’ve gotten at least 20 good blog entries out of it.

When they’re not ripping off the face of that chick in Connecticut, these guys are hilarious.

During feeding time, my niece hit this chimp in the back with a tomato. He was cool about it.


-->
Please don’t feed the Jews.

My favorite exhibit: boy too pooped to press on.