Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Allow Me To Adjust My Wedgie Before I Go.

I leave today, and words cannot describe my excitement. It’s the showbiz equivalent of a case of Red Bull.

I’ve been thinking about everything that brought me to this day. My desire to not just be one of a hundred actors who shows up for every audition, but to create my own vehicle. The decision to invest in myself and spend my entire life savings on this film. I lost a day job over this film. I struggle to make ends meet over this film. My car is costing me 100 bucks a month in duct tape alone over this film.

I’ve realized you don’t just find out who your true friends are when the chips are down. My friend Jeff, who broke his ass helping me with the flash drives, put it eloquently: “We’re excited for you, and want to be a part of it.” Jeff went out of his way. My mom was overwhelmingly generous with her birthday gift. So were my friends Mark and Michelle. And Jenn, for offering airline miles and cash. My big brother asked twice if I needed any money for the trip. Failure isn’t a possibility with this kind of support.

Stop by, and I’ll keep everyone updated about my trip right here. Until then, I’ve packed five days worth of Speedos and berets. Wish me luck.