Monday, May 11, 2009

Help You Help Me.

John Lennon said “I get by with a little help from my friends.” He also said “Ah, bowakawa pousse, pousse.” And me without my English-to-heroin online translator.

Let’s go with John’s first thought, because I could use your assist today. A company called Killer Films is seeking pitches from screenwriters for an upcoming short film. It’ll be developed entirely by the winner of the pitch – from concept, through production, cast, crew, post and everything else. If I win, I have a certain verbose fella in mind for the leading role.

The screenplay I entered is called Great Grandfather. Log on here and you can watch my pitch, and if you like it, give me an extra high rating. In order to rate me, you have to sign up on the site, which in their words, “only takes five seconds.” Which is no time and all (though enough time for me to have foreplay, sex and three seconds of cuddling. I’m a giver.)

It’s up to you. No worries if you’re not the signing-up type; I would never hate you with a white-hot intensity seven times the sun. Not ever.