Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ignore The Man Behind The Curtain.

Like many actors, I’m not a huge fan of seeing myself on film. I critique my work to bits while being very aware of the attention of a thousand eyes on me. But I was in a movie premiering the last week, and at least owed it to the director to come out and support. So I put on a good suit – the same cut Reagan wore the day he got shot – and made my way to the theater.

And what a theater. Big room, stadium seating, packed house. My angst rose. Moments like this are gonna give me the stomach lining of a 60-year-old air traffic controller.

Then something interesting happened. My scenes got big laughs. And it felt pretty damn good. Then, at the after-party, a bevy of people approached and congratulated me. It was nauseating-licious.

The next day, a few writer/directors looked me up and contacted me, wanting to work with me in the future. Yes, please.

But again, let me reiterate that I am not the kind of guy that needs attention focused on him. No insecurity here.

Enough said. I’m off to get my eyeballs whitened.