Monday, April 27, 2009

Merci, You Sonofabitches.

How do you get to the Cannes Film Festival? Money. Lots and lots of money.

And the most generous support system a starving actor could possibly have.

My mom offered up an obscenely kind early birthday cash gift for the trip. And my favorite couple, Mark and Michelle, told me on Friday that they'd put a check in the mail, and weren’t taking no for an answer (I tried four NO’s. No dice.) Thanks to my mom and Mark and Michelle, I’ll be able to afford a decent hotel. One with the ice machines on the inside.

Meanwhile, my friend Jenn added a slash to her roles as lawyer/sounding board/amateur psychiatrist/stylist by offering up airline mileage. She couldn’t possibly rock any harder if she tried.

Having people like this in my life makes me feel not only blessed, but it motivates me to make them proud. I’m packing a suitcase full of DVDs and business cards, and I’m gonna go medieval on Cannes. Then, when I hit it big, you people are all getting flown to my luxury Italian villa, after I make my hero George Clooney an offer he just can’t refuse.

Thank you so much, everyone. I will make you proud.