Monday, August 11, 2008

CoffinCo.

Something must be in the Dulcolax lately, because two of my friends have lost their moms in the last two weeks.

After a funeral on Friday, I walked to the parking lot with the husband of the second new orphan. We eased the tension by joking about how much he had shelled out for his mother-in-law’s final shindig, and he said he would've been better off with a coffin from Costco.

I laughed. Then I came home, and checked it out, and holy bejeezers– they really do sell them. Above is the rather snazzy Continental casket. Whoever dies with vertical tubeflex pipehead panels wins.

Since it’s sold by Costco, I assume you’ll have to buy it in bulk. Which may be okay, since my friends’ parents seem to be kicking it in bulk. Maybe you can all split the bill.

I’m just saying.