Tuesday, August 12, 2008

No Berets. I Promise.

Any actor that doesn’t see as many movies as possible just isn’t serious about his craft. I can verify my dedication by admitting that I saw Porky’s 3 in the theater. Twice.

I’m also quite possibly Netlix’s most frequent customer. Someday my mailman will be a special guest blogger and vouch.

Porky’s 3 aside, I’d like to think this qualifies me as some sort of a film authority. So feel free to hit me up if you ever want three or four hundred to watch.

For now, I’m recommending one that’s still in theaters: Tell No One. It’s a French film, which alone made me hesitate before shelling out ten bucks to see it. But It’s not French in the silly, symbolic, artsy sense; it’s a great thriller in the genre of The Fugitive or Michael Clayton, that just happens to be shot in another language. And it’s my favorite film so far this year.

If Tell No One was produced in America, in English, it would clean up at the box office. It won four Cesars (French Oscars), and was nominated for five more. It was so good that I wished it went on longer than its two-plus hours.

See it. Thank me later.