Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Two Guys, A Girl And A Video Clip.



If I were producing a music album, I wouldn't hire musicians that can just play notes; I'd want them to bring their personal styles to the songs and make them come alive.

The same applies to acting. Great actors truly craft their work. Kevin Spacey had a 45-minute monologue in a Broadway play called The Iceman Cometh, and every sentence had its own point of view. The audience was mesmerized.

And when it comes to comedy, one of the top guys on the planet is Ryan Reynolds. For several years he was hilarious on a show far too few people watched called "Two Guys, A Girl and a Pizza Place." Watch the clip, and see how he's able to make an average sitcom scene– guy asks a woman out– a whole lot funnier.

If I can consistently bring this kind of work to my auditions, I'll be getting my butt outside the actor's studio apartment a whole lot more.