Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Step Away From The 'Forward Attachment' Button.

This is an ad recently placed in Variety by Corey Haim, and it's been liberally passed around the Internet and blasted by dozens of blogs.

Cut the guy a break.

It's customary to mock a celebrity whose status has cooled, but I'll tell you what– I'd kill to have the run that Corey had. The Lost Boys and License to Drive? Sign me up. These movies made millions and still run regularly on cable.

It cost $4800 to run this ad, and can you blame him? He's tasted real success, and loves acting. What would you suggest he do instead? Work at The Gap? No thanks. I've done it, and the craft service table there is marginal at best.

After I've been in 37 movies, feel free to poke fun of me all you want. Then again, I'll probably beat you all to it with a goofy blog entry about my ratty underwear.