Monday, October 19, 2020

The Clean Plato Club.

My date: Is Mexican Food ok for dinner? Don’t just text back k. 
Me: Que 

Gotta give my favorite Mexican restaurant the respect it deserves. I had my first meal at Petty Cash since the pandemic began, and the food was as good as ever. The atmosphere, however, is… different. 

I miss eating inside at Petty Cash. On a crowded night, with its raised tables and chairs in close proximity, the place just captures the positive energy I love about LA. 

They’re making-do for now. Because the restaurant is sandwiched between several furniture stores, which close early. So Petty Cash can set up tables as wide as an entire block on Beverly Blvd. 

When you go there (not if), the absolute mandatories are: guacamole – the best I’ve ever had, served with warm chips; dorados – tightly-rolled fried potato tacos; and buñelos – churro balls served in chocolate sauce. 

De nada.