Friday, August 21, 2020

Saturday Provisions.

If I’m ever on death row, when they ask me to pick my poison, I’ll say tequila. 

My friend Rob is coming into town again to shoot a commercial, and is staying at his favorite place (and LA’s most underrated fancy hotel): The Sunset Marquis. 

Rob is a producer through and through, already having planned tomorrow from the moment he steps off the plane. Burgers on the way to the hotel and margaritas by the private pool. (In a baller movie, Rob has the Sunset Marquis keep crates of his things in storage, including a bottle of Casa Dragones tequila.) Then he’s preordered severely overpriced sushi from Sushi Park that Rob swears will be the best meal I’ve ever had. Then we’re going to meet a director for drinks outside Black Market Liquor Bar. 

I’ve got my nephew watching Ricky so I can spend the day guilt-free. Day-drinking free.