Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Make Us Proud.

I’m not rich in money, but I’m rich in friends and family. You know, the bad kind of rich. 

My nephew, on the other hand, has it made. His best friend is crazy wealthy, and spending the summer with his family at a resort in Jackson, Wyoming. Today, my nephew is flying out there to surprise him, after his friend’s cool mom invited him. 

While we adults can tolerate the quarantine, I feel for kids. The lost proms and graduations and college memories. My nephew is 12, and this should be a kickass summer for him. I’ve done my best to keep him company, feed him and take him to the beach, but it’s not enough – so I’m thrilled he gets to go spend eight days in heaven. And he gets to fly by himself for the first time. Always exciting. 

So live through him, because if you’re living vicariously through me, you just bought yourself Flintstone chewable vitamins. 

Have an outstanding trip.