Monday, August 10, 2020

Beachfront. Ish.

I put my pants on just like everyone else: reluctantly. 

Especially these days. Jeans gave way to sweats, and thank goodness – there’s no cool way to zip up during a Zoom meeting. 

I may be confined to quarters, but I’m keeping morale up here with my view. You see, in order to replace the pipes under my house a couple months ago, plumbers dug out a large pile of sand from beneath my garage (where I live was previously sand dunes) that hadn’t seen the light of day in 60 years. 

After the plumbers haphazardly got rid of the sand by spreading it onto an area where I was trying to grow grass, I put it in buckets and relocated it outside my bedroom window, creating a dune effect which reminds me every morning that I get to live in SoCal, my happy place. 

I could add two beach chairs and a couple of bottles of Corona, but I’ll probably wait for the next pandemic to go full douche.