Monday, December 31, 2018

Last Supper.

People who use vacation days the week after Christmas to have relatives over clearly don’t understand the meaning of the word “vacation”.

One last meal at Village Social, and my vacation is now over. I head back to LA today. The week always seems to go quickly, but I still packed in a lot. I went out with friends (in the suburbs, in the city and even New Jersey), took Ollie on seven-mile walks, went to and watched 10 movies and a play, and consumed a cajillion calories. That’s a good trip.

But as busy-ish as I tried to be every day, it was the relaxing break I needed. The week before Christmas was so hectic that I was getting up at 4:30 a.m. every day. Juxtapose that against last Monday here in New York, in which I got around to my morning tooth-brushing at 6 p.m. That’s a great trip.