Thursday, December 27, 2018

For Your Viewing And Avoiding-Relatives Pleasure.

For your holiday pleasure: Matt Shevin’s Already-Been-Viewed Movies. I’ve watched seven in five days, including Green Book, in theaters now, and one of top three of the year. Can’t recommend seeing it enough.

On the flight here, I watched both Searching, also one of the best of the year (a great, very modern-day thriller), and Tag, an action-comedy that made me laugh out loud so many times, the woman sitting next to me inched away from me. Also viewed:

  • Nothing in Common – classic from the 80s. Jackie Gleason’s last role, and one of my friend John Kapelos’ first roles.
  • Bulletproof – 90s buddy comedy starring Adam Sandler and Damon Wayans. Best line, and it’s a dated one, but I’m stealing it anyway: “You fight like Peter McNeeley.” 
  • Vice – in theaters now. Christian Bale does Dick Cheney better than Dick Cheney does Cheney. 
  • Harper – Paul Newman detective flick written by William Goldman. So cool to see Santa Monica, Bel Air and Malibu in 1965.