Monday, March 19, 2018

Top O’ The Birthday To You.

I’ve always thought the happy birthday song was kinda shitty, like it was written by someone who forgot a gift and just came up with the song on the spot.

I’m still up for a party, though. Even when my friend Mike invited me to join him for his friend Kristi’s birthday Saturday night. My initial response was, “Out in Hollywood on St. Patrick’s Day?” To which Mike said, “Hey, this isn’t Boston.”

Good point. Those cities back east can really turn St. Pat’s into a war zone. But out here, we handle our liquor, and Kristi, a successful TV writer, spared no expense for her party, renting out the upstairs of the fun Sycamore Tavern, and keeping the fancy pizza and donuts flowing. There were celebrities milling about, too.

Happy birthday, Kristi. And St. Patrick, I think.