Tuesday, March 20, 2018

I Made Some Gooey Goodness.

Even if I didn’t feel like cooking, I was too exhausted to say thank you at a restaurant 53 times.

I’m still teaching myself how to do this, and I still love it. In my sixth attempt at cooking, I made arancini – Italian rice/cheese balls. There’s a place in the Los Feliz section of LA called Little Dom’s that is well-known for its rice balls, and I went there for the first time last year and fell in love.

Helpful tip: I used sushi rice, because it sticks a little better around the mozzarella cubes. It sticks to everything, really – your hands, the counter, the dog. Worth it.

Making these meant I got to break out my fryer skimmer again (I used it to make crab wontons), which is entirely satisfying.

The final result: scrumdiddlyumptious. Crunchy on the outside, savory on the inside. So good dipped in marinara sauce. My partially-Italian ancestors would approve.