Wednesday, February 28, 2018

What I Missed.

"It's too bad my big brother wasn't kinder to me growing up," I think, as I order my nephew a bullhorn for his birthday.

I try to be an involved uncle. I go to the plays, and the baseball and soccer games. But while I was in Florida, my nephew's soccer team, which had won the South Bay championship, moved on to a regional tournament in Riverside. They advanced to the finals before losing 2-1 to a very good team, and will you look at the red star next to the tournament MVP?

My nephew plays goalie, and to his credit it's not his favorite position, but he takes one for the team and does really well.

I'm so proud, the next time we go skiing in Mammoth, I'll consider not shining my iPhone flashlight on my butt as I moon him before bed every night. He earned it.