Wednesday, July 12, 2017

The Chairman Was Much Obliged.

Once, I was in a Taco Bell, and watched a lady just walk in, dump every hot sauce packet into her bag, and leave. I totally wanted to follow her. What was the rest of her day like?

I’ve since elevated my spicy condiment experience. My friend John created a hot sauce that is becoming a huge hit. It’s called Chairman Avery’s Hunan Heat Sauce, and people love it on everything – or simply eat it by the spoonful straight out of the jar.

Monday, John had a new batch ready – 51 cases – and it was a chance for me to help. I drive a largish SUV (because you never know when you’ll suddenly father half a baseball team), and helped John pick up the fresh sauce from the facility that produces and packs what we then referred to as “precious cargo”.

My reward: my very own jar! I will treasure it, and then I will devour it. Stores carry Hunan Heat, Sauce and restaurants purchase it from John as well. And you too, at the official (and funny) website: hunanheat.com. Buy it in bulk. Use it liberally.