Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Now Read This.

If I ever need expensive surgery, I’ll just tell a surgeon I’m auditioning a few guys before picking one. I’ll have him do the surgery, and then say, “Okay, I’ll let you know.”

Yeah, auditions are an occupational hazard for us actors, and we need every advantage we can get. I personally do casting workshops, and find them to be a great way to perform for and get to know casting directors so that they’ll call me in for auditions.

But now I’ve decided to up my game, and occasionally be the reader in these workshops. Instead of one scene, I get to perform 24, and hang out and bond with big casting directors for three hours, and see what’s happening on the other side of the room as they critique actors.

I read for my first workshop Monday night, and it was amazing. I’ll be doing it several more times in February, and will it be that much more satisfying? I’ll let you know.