Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Open Your Pie Hole.

Instead of accusing me of eating your leftover pie, ask yourself why you had any left to begin with, quitter.

My friends Jason and Sarah completely get it, and threw their first annual 4th of Ju-PIE party yesterday. Above is my contribution – an ice cream pie from Cold Stone – chocolate ice cream, fudge ganache and Reese’s peanut butter cups in an Oreo pie crust. No, I did not bake my own. I wasn’t about to break my streak of not using my new oven. (Two and a half years, and the instruction booklet is still taped to the top rack.)

Here are some of the early entries, or as I referred to them: real-time pie-charts of how much I was going to eat.

I was hoping someone would be brilliant enough to bring a pizza pie, and a hero did just that. I’d never felt so alive.