Thursday, June 30, 2016

My Professor.

Your password must contain at least two characters who may or may not hook up in the finale.

Yeah, my brain may be a little too fixated with writing lately, and could use a reboot. So I signed up for Aaron Sorkin’s online master class.

Aaron is by far my favorite writer, and one of my best/just-missed moments happened when I booked a role on “The Newsroom”, only to have the scene cut before it was shot. Would have been nice to work with him, but it happens.

Part of Aaron’s course will include him leading a writer’s room of students creating a new episode of “The West Wing”. He was fired after season four, and claims he never watched seasons five through seven, so he now wants to create his own season five two-hour premiere. That’s bad ass.

It starts next month, and I’m looking forward to it. I may have the chance to submit some of my writing to him for his critique. Can’t wait.