Monday, May 9, 2016

Jason From The Block.

I’m trying to get my mom to move to LA. So I can move in with her.

Kidding, Mom – stay in NY. I like being able to visit. 

My mother still lives in the house I grew up in, in a suburb of NYC called Rye. Over the weekend, I saw a new movie called The Family Fang, directed by and starring Jason Bateman. In the middle of the film, a couple of locations looked very familiar, and I realized they were Playland, an amusement park in Rye, and its adjoining beach. Then I remembered Jason Bateman lived in Rye until he was four. Cool to see him go back and shoot.

Playland, by the way, served as the location in the movie Big in which the fortune teller machine turns Tom Hanks young again. It was nice growing up by it, until a bus line was set up to let kids from the Bronx come out to the park, and our bikes started disappearing from our garages.

You know what, Mom – come out as soon as you like.