Wednesday, May 11, 2016

He’ll Be Back.

Statistics say panic attacks most commonly affect two careers: actors and hospital residents, because we have to instantly go from structure to all hell breaking loose.

So we’ve got that going for us.

One of my favorite actors is my friend Ariel. We help each other out with auditions (the above pic is him coaching me last night), and are the first people we call right after we audition. He’s an excellent friend, and a super talented. But, he’s currently going through his annual “I’m done with acting” riff, and claims this time it’s for real.

Sure, the grind got to him, but there’s nothing more fun than acting. There’s no better rush than getting a call that you booked a role. And nothing like being on the set. It’s one of the few professions that allow you to be great.

It’s the bee’s knees. And Ariel will be back. He’s a damn good actor, but I’m just not buying him in this retirement role.