Tuesday, May 24, 2016

And I Have A Solution.

As my friend Chad and I push through the writing process of our sitcom, one of our main edicts is to keep it unique. No clichés.

But if you insist on sticking with the familiar, I wouldn’t do that if I were you. (A phrase, by the way, that’s been used in 313 movies.)

I mean, you just don’t get it, do you? (222 times.) You look like shit (657) doing it. Just turn in your badge. (51.)

Houston, we’ve got a problem. (91.) We’ve got company. (451.) Forgive me if I’m out of line (143) here, but I’m able to write and keep it original. Our show’s premise? I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you (22.)

End scene. This blog entry is thanks in part to my friend Jason, who turned me on to QuoDB.com. Search for any quote, and see how many times it’s been used. And then don’t use it.