Thursday, March 24, 2016

Made My Day.

The best way to get over someone is to wait fifty years, then quietly die in your sleep.

I kept that in mind as I got off the plane at LAX on Monday and tried to wrap my head around an audition I had the next morning. The scene involved a couple, the role I was reading opposite was already cast with a big-name actress and the film was being produced by Kevin Spacey.

I went over to my friend Ariel’s house that night, and we tried to wrap our heads around the crazy physicality of the scene. Then I got up early the next morning, put on a suit and auditioned.

Last night I emailed the casting director to thank him, and this is what he sent back:

“Top-shelf work. I don't audition all the time (usually it’s straight offers to actors) but I will want you every time.”

When I found out I had an audition, I was dragging my ass off a plane (American – the airline that leaves you feeling like you got beat up) and had to clear out the cobwebs and deliver on a role that could be very good for my career. Looks like I did.

We’ll see if I book it, but I’m good either way. One of the best things about being an actor is that it’s one of the few professions that allows you to be great. That’s more than enough.