Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Get In My Belly.

I can’t turn water into wine, but I can turn ice cream into breakfast.

Eating is the best. And I performed my civic duty as an Angeleno yesterday by heading over to the new, and first ever, Shake Shake in Los Angeles.

Allow me to bust another myth about LA: we LOVE to eat. Dunkin Donuts opened with the same fervor last year, and news crews were on hand for Shake Shack’s grand opening. Here’s my friend Jason, bearded, center of the screen, video bombing:

A week’s passed since the place opened, and the demand has not died down. We waited for an hour in a line that went down the street just so we could order, but it was worth it. I think the burgers are a tad bit better than the consensus favorite out here, In-N-Out.

Carvel used to have a presence here, and last week declared it’s going to be making it’s way back. Challenge accepted.