Tuesday, January 13, 2015

I Choose To Choose For My Own Damn Self.

Things were said. Feelings were hurt. Your car was set on fire. My point is: you’re wrong, and Raphael isn’t the best Ninja Turtle.

You’re entitled to your own opinion, even if it’s wrong. I watched the movie Runner Runner last night. It came out last year, and I remembered the trailer had looked really cool, but I couldn’t remember why I hadn’t seen it. So I checked Rotten Tomatoes, and the crazy low score may have been why.

I watched it anyway. And it’s a really good film.

Back before we let Rotten Tomatoes, Yelp and Amazon make every decision in our lives, we went ahead and saw movies, ate at restaurants and purchased items with our guts. Often we were right, and sometimes were dead wrong. But at least our decisions were ours. And even a really shitty meal with friends is an experience we got to share.

Runner Runner is a very cool crime thriller, written by the guys who wrote Rounders (there’s a gambling theme in both films) and has a kickass cast. And hardly anyone saw it. Now I think about all the stuff I’ve missed out on, because I didn’t trust myself. And that sucks.