Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Trading Paint With Mrs. Delight.

I love my SUV. It’s big, and powerful, but it still corners like it’s hanging onto a stripper's pole.

And now, it’s a bit less pretty. At a stoplight yesterday in Beverly Hills, I thought I felt/heard a car bump into me. I got out and found out I’d been sideswiped. Waving her hand out her window to me from the turning lane ahead was the culprit: some mom-type who’d tried to cut it way too close.

She didn’t seem very thrilled with herself, so I tried to be super nice about it, letting her know over and over again it was no deal big deal. But it’s actually a major pain in the ass.

And I doubt this was the first time she’d done this, as she went through some pretty choreographed steps, giving me her license and registration, telling me to snap photos of them, and asking me if I could not go through her insurance company. (Extra bonus: her insurance card had an expiration of 2/2/13. She claimed it was paid-up. This dingbat lies about as well as she drives.)

Oh, and note to her: take the “Baby on Board” sign and stick it on your dashboard.