Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Beneficiary Bonus.

Everything happens for a reason. And the reason is stupid.

Sometimes it’s out of your control, like the Madden Curse. If you appear on the cover of the Madden NFL video game, you’ll suffer some really shitty luck. One quarterback, Daunte Culpepper, set the record for most fumbles in a season before blowing out both knees. He’s fat now.

However, it occurred to me yesterday that if you worked on The Beneficiary, the film that I wrote and starred in, you’ll experience the Beneficiary Bonus. My director, Ted Melfi, just wrote and directed the film St. Vincent. My co-star, Julie Ann Emery, was just cast as a regular on the “Breaking Bad” spinoff “Better Call Saul.” My other co-star, John Kapelos, recurred on “Justified,” and just shot a role in a film opposite Robert DeNiro. Looks like I’m up.

Oh, but one more. My friend John Hunter composed my film, and in 2012, he composed the score for the Oscar-winning animated short. That’s him above, on the right. The other day, I sent a rough-cut of my new comedy short to John, and he liked it so much, he asked if he could score it. Hell yes, sir. Lucky me.